Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holiday meal plans

I have conferred with Deirdre Ann and here is the plan for our upcoming meals:

Sunday, 23 December: Bourbon Marinated Chuck Roast
Monday, 24 December: Dinner with Bud & Barbara!
Tuesday, 25 December: Prime Rib au Jus
Wednesday 26 December: Leftovers

I slipped the chuck roast into a zip-lok bag this afternoon and the meat is quietly marinating in the fridge. I am looking forward to cooking this roast. In preparation for the prime rib meal, I will need to make beef stock either tomorrow or on the 24th. Our "Grand Rapids parents," Bud and Barbara Lucas invited us to have dinner with them on Christmas Eve. We are going to bring wine (Barbara told me that she is making a beef tenderloin), and I am going to make my famous Apple Pie for dessert.

Updates to follow as conditions warrant!

No comments: