Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A FEW PHOTOS FROM LAST NIGHT'S DINNER...


I carefully monitored the temperature of the roast while it was, well, roasting, and I took it out of the oven when my Polder remote sensing thermometer reached 122F. In my experience, taking the roast out at 122F yields a perfect medium rare. Tonight's result was no different as the meat was warm and pink when I sliced into it, after I let it rest for about 12 minutes. While the meat was resting, I made the au jus, using a few cups of the beef stock I prepared the day before. I added about 1/2 a cup of red wine to deglaze the roasting pan, then I added the beef stock and reduced it for the au jus. I was quite pleased with the final result, as was Deirdre. Samson was quite pleased with the aromas coming from the oven because as soon as I took the roast out to rest, he immediately stood guard in front of the meat.




Today we were planning on having left overs, but the kitchen is not cooperating. This morning the sink would not drain and we discovered a problem with the drain line from the dishwasher. We are now waiting for our favorite plumber, Dave Terpstra to pay us a visit and correct this drain issue.

No comments: