Saturday, February 28, 2009

Davey Jones Dinner

The Cafe will be busy tonight. All the planning and preparation will come together as I will be making what we are calling the "Davey Jones Dinner." Seafarers have referred to the bottom of the oceans as "Davey Jones Locker," so I think that you see where I am going with this post. Tonight, I will be cooking lobster tails and Alaskan King crab legs. I have cooked whole lobster before, but tonight I will be simply boiling some flash frozen lobster tails (homarus americanus) and the Alaskan king crab legs (paralithodes camtschatica) are pre-cooked, so all I will have to do is steam them for a few minutes.



Another thing that we will need to do later this morning up the Cafe's sous chef (aka Ann Marie), then head out to Art of the Table to select the wine for tonight's dinner. I am thinking that a dry California Chardonnay might be in order. Cocktails will be served at 6:30PM sharp, so if you are in the area, stop on by for dinner.

No comments: