Monday, February 9, 2009

Crockpot Monday

Readers of this blog are most likely aware of Techie Tuesday and Foodie Friday. Well, I was told that it might be good for me to start a "Crockpot Monday" posting here at the Cafe. I have been using my crockpot a bit lately, trying out new recipes each Monday. So, here is the first post for Crockpot Monday:

Tonight I will have Crockpot Chicken Provencale. I threw the ingredients listed below into our crockpot before I went to work for the General, and in about an hour I will see how it turned out. Full report to follow.

CROCKPOT CHICKEN PROVINCALE

1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenders, frozen
2 small zucchini, diced
1 (4 oz.) can sliced black olives
1 tbsp. sherry wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1 (15-oz.) can good quality diced tomatoes
1 (10-oz.) can cream of chicken soup with herbs
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. dried minced onion

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 to 3 tbsp. sour cream (optional)
hot noodles, rice or pasta

Combine first 9 ingredients in 3 1/2-qt. crockpot (or larger).
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.

Add cheese and sour cream during the last 15 minutes. Serve over
hot noodles, rice or pasta.

Serves 4.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love my slow cooker.

Enough said!

L.