Saturday, December 6, 2008

Post-Ex of the Brined Pork Tenderloin

I am happy to report that the herby brined pork tenderloin I made for Friday night's dinner was nothing short of fantastic. I brined the tenderloin for 8 hours, removed it from the post inwhich it soaked, and put it into a cast iron skillet. I then placed the skillet into an 375F oven and I cooked the tenderloin until it reached an internal temperature of 160F. I removed the tenderloins from the skillet, then covered them with aluminum foil and allowed the meat to rest for 10 minutes. I had already prepared a salad, so while the meat was resting Deirdre mashed the red skin potatoes with a little butter and milk. Our plates were loaded up with a few slices of pork, mashed potatoes and some green onion garnish. I took a bite of the pork and the meat was incredibly tender and moist. We enjoyed a bottle of Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouvea with this meal, slightly chilled. Bottom line: This meal was a winner. I think that my next brining adventure will be with chicken.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hands down favorite baking utensil: my grandmother's cast iron skillet. Every kitchen should have one.

The tenderloin sounds fabulous. Where can I find the brine in The Valley of the Sun?

L.

Paul's Blog said...

http://www.goldenfig.com/store.html

I did not see any "where to purchase" this brine. You might want to drop them a note and see if they supply a store in the V o'the S.

Lisa said...

Oh, and I made the Gratin of Cauliflower w/Gruyere the other night. I sent the recipe to Dee. It was delicious!

L.