Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hearty Chicken Strew


Dee challenged me to make her a new dish for our Easter Dinner. I was going to cook that perennial favorite, flank steak, but Dee wanted something with chicken. I searched the internet and found a recipe titled "Hearty Chicken Stew." I had most of the ingredients in the fridge, but I had to run out and get the spuds. I made this recipe for dinner and I am pleased to report that not only as it easy to make, but it was also delicious. I am going to post this recipe in the East of the Equator Cafe momentarily. This dish goes great with a loaf of crusty bread and a hearty Chardonnay.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yum. Just left a comment on Dee's blog asking for the recipe. So I can make it next winter.

Sunny and 90 tomorrow. Heaven help us!!

L.

Lisa said...

Question about the stew. It seems a bit watery. I'm in the last 20 minutes. Will it thicken? Did you add cornstarch?

L.

Paul's Blog said...

Lisa,
The stew does not get as think as a beef based stew. When I made the dish, it was a little watery, but not too watery. I did not add cornstarch. How did it turn out for you?

Paul

Lisa said...

Fillets with scallion/red wine sauce tonight. What's cooking in your neck of the woods?

L.

Paul's Blog said...

Peppery Flank Steak. And red wine...