Monday, April 16, 2012

Blue Cheese Meatloaf

We started with Blue Cheese hamburgers.  Then I decided that we could try it in Meatloaf.

We try anything.  From Food.com

1 cup breadcrumbs  ((I used 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (I used way more)
1 lb ground beef
1 egg (slightly beaten)
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
blue cheese dressing

Directions:
Combine bread crumbs and cup crumbled blue cheese.
Add ground beef, egg, onion, salt and pepper.
Blend thoroughly.
Shape into a round loaf.
With a spoon, make a crater-like depression in top of loaf.
Fill depression with Blue Cheese Dressing.
If desired, sprinkle more crumbled blue cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour. -  **I use a probe and cooked it until the internal temp hit 165 degrees.

Cook's notes.
We don't use salt and pepper.  We use Mickey & T's All American seasoning.
I used more blue cheese and less breadcrumbs.
I mixed it up (sans breadcrumbs and egg) the night before to let it get all happy.  Added the breadcrumbs and egg just before putting it in the oven.
I kept it covered in the oven but next time, I would pull off the foil for the last 10 minutes.

It was SO GOOD.  I would definitely make this again and again and again.  

Cheers! 

No comments: