Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mustard Crusted Pork Roast

Last night I made the recipe below, which was sent to us by Lisa H a few weeks ago. It was easy to make and it was delicious. I like to make a recipe 4 or 5 times, tweaking it each time until I get it just right. This was the second time I made this dish and I started tweaking things. We washed it down with a bottle of 2005 Sommers Reserve Criston Willamette Valley Pinot Noir:

Mustard Crusted Port Roast
4/5lb boneless pork roast
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 T dried rosemary
1/2 cup coarse grain mustard
3 T olive oil
3 T balsamic vinegar
8 garlic cloves, mashed or minced

Pre-heat your oven to 375F. Place the pork in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle the rosemary over the roast. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place the roast in the oven, uncovered, and cook until the internal temperature of the roast is 160-165F.

Cook's Notes:
1) I cooked the roast until the internal temperature reached 165F. The roast was tender and juicy at that temperature.
2) I used Dijon mustard instead of coarse grained mustard. Dijon is an acceptable substitute.

No comments: