Monday, October 20, 2008

Dijon Chicken Breasts

Tonight I made Dijon Chicken Breasts. I served this dish with a chopped salad and a handful of small red potatoes. Below is the recipe for the main dish:

Dijon Chicken Breasts

1/2 cup canned unsalted chicken broth or stock
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
6 chicken breasts

1. Combine the chicken broth, onion, garlic, mustard and thyme in a large skillet. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium low heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes, until cooker through.
2. When the chicken is done, remove from the skillet and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Reduce the liquid in the skillet until reduced to sauce consistency, 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve the chicken breasts and pour the reduced sauce over the breasts.

Serves 6

I only cooked two chicken breasts, but I used the amounts listed in the recipe. I had not made thsi dish in quite a while and it was a yummy meal. It is a deceptively simple and elegant dish. I decided to make this reciep because I knew that I had all the ingredients in my fridge. I suppose that I was facing the same thing that the Recovering Lawyer was facing on Saturday. It is amazing the stuff you can whip together with just a few simple basics and a few minutes of effort!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm making the mustard crusted pork loin tonight, but you've hust inspired tomorrow's dinner with this recipe. Yum!

L.

Paul's Blog said...

So how did the pork tenderloin turn out?

PK

Lisa said...

The tenderloin was excellent despite my losing track of it on the grill while trying to maintain order elsewhere in the house.

The chicken was also superb! I love poached chicken. It's always so tender.

Grilled tilapia tonight.

L.