Friday, July 1, 2016

Tri-tip Sirloin Steak Marinade


A few weeks ago, my oldest friend shared a trip-tip sirloin marinade recipe with me, and he urged me to try it.  I told my friend that I would make it that night as we had a sirloin steak with us at our cottage.  I made the marinade, and we had a lazy day at our place.  We eased into the evening, and I did not put the steak on the grill until almost 7:30PM.  We did not finish dinner until almost 8:30PM and we were not disappointed with the result of the marinade.  My friend sent me a text message just as we finished dinner asking me if we liked the marinade, as he was concerned that he had shared a bad recipe with me.  Well, I am happy to report that we loved the marinade.  It has just taken me some longer than I thought it would to post it.  So, here is the recipe for the marinade:

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic salt
- 5-6 crushed or minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup dried onion
- 2 lb trip-tip sirloin steak

Directions:
Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.  Once well mixed, place the sirloin in a zip-lok plastic bag and pour the marinade into the bag.  Force the air out of the bag and seal the bag.  Place the bag in the fridge and let the meat marinate for 4-6 hours.

Prepare a grill.  When your grill is ready, remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade.  Cook the steak to desired doneness.  Once the steak is done, remove it from the grill, place it on a slotted cutting board and cover the steak loosely with aluminum foil.  Allow the steak to rest for 8-10 minutes.  Slice and serve.

Cook's Notes:
This marinade was fantastic!  I would use it on virtually any tender cut of steak.  I used Lawry's Garlic Salt for my first attempt at the marinade and I was very happy with the outcome.  

No comments: